Wednesday, June 1

Takes me back!

Isn't it just astounding how music can make you travel back in time? I mean... astounding! I pulled out the old Vertical Horizon CD this morning -- remember them? The one-hit wonders of 1999-2000? -- and, man, was I transported right back to the time when DH and I were first dating! *Awwww.* The whole album is so melancholy. All about "You don't want me back," and "You were the best I ever had," and "I just thought I'd let you go..." But because it was purchased back in The Day, at one of the great little independent record shops we used to frequent when we weren't (gasp) suburbanites.... and because it was one of the first CDs WE purchased, together, to share.... it sounds purely romantic to me. I listened to it ad infinitum back then, and could do it again now just for the memories. Makes me feel all lovey. :)

No comments: