Halloween's never been my all-time favorite holiday, but I have to admit, it's hella lot more fun with kiddos around. I couldn't care less about dressing up myself -- in fact, I have a friend who has a costume party every year, and as much as I like her, I d-r-e-a-d getting that invitation when October comes around, because I begin the annual procrastinating about what I'll wear, and then 2 days before the party, I still have no good ideas and end up being something REALLY stupid, like a "farmer," wearing an old flannel shirt and putting freckles on my face with eyeliner pencil. (Until now I didn't even have long enough hair to put in pigtals.) Lame!!
But! With a little one to entertain, I find myself WANTING to decorate the house with cute little ghosties and black cats. I'm dying for AJ to taste a Kit-Kat, and I am anxious for him to go trapsing around the neighborhood tonight with us, ringing doorbells (because he likes to push buttons) and saying "Trick or Treat." He's going to be a puppy dog. Complete with "Arf!" sound effects -- he's taken to barking to himself in the wee hours of the morning, in his crib, by the way. We wake up to the monitor squeaking. "Arrr! Arrr!" I can only assume he's practicing. I haven't practiced "Trick or Treat" with him, but he generally clams up in front of strangers anyway so it'd probably have been futile.
We carved our punkins Saturday and I'm hoping for plenty of little goblins at my front door. We have lots of toddlers in our neighborhood, but I even like the 13-year-olds -- it's fun to give 'em the evil eye when they wear a baseball cap and say they're Uhh, the "The Mad Hatter." You gotta give 'em at least a couple points for creativity. I guess.
Boo for now. Don't eat too much candy.
No comments:
Post a Comment