Friday, October 21

Two things

You wanna know the two cutest and funnest things EVER EVER In This World?

1) All three of us on Mommy and Daddy's bed, AJ romping around like it's one of those plastic jumpy things at other kids' birthday parties. He throws himself at the pillows with a grin, and then turns his head to the side and pretends to go "ni-night," and then lays there for a minute to catch his breath. Then he holds out his arms and says "Da-DA," and crashes into Daddy on his right. Then same treatment for me, "Ma-MA!" Then he gets tickled by us (because how can we resist), then it's back to the pillows for ni-night! and another little rest. We do this for at least 15 minutes every day now. He'll play this game on the couch, too, but in that edition, when he climbs up onto the couch, he immediately stands, looking over the back of it into the kitchen, and asks politely: "Meee-oook?" (Milk, for you non-native-AJ-speakers.) Aaaahhhh, how do I love this child!

2) My AJ knows his vowels. He was given the Leap Frog Fridge Phonics System, and they can thank me later for the free ad, because I sit here before you, Singing its Praises. Is it normal for a 15-month-old to KNOW letters? Maybe it is. I probably suffer from 1st-time-parent amazement. But it makes my little heart burst with pride and yesterday I even had the thought, while reading him a Barney book about "what will I be when I grow up," on the Doctor page, "I bet AJ will consider becoming a doctor." Y'think I am getting a little ahead of myself? But he knows his letters, y'all! A, E, I, O, U, and sometimes S (still some work to do, as you can see). Oh yes, and B, and D. You can ask him "AJ, where's "S?" and he will search the fridge 'til he finds it. He concentrates. This is serious. But at the same time, he's like, "Easy one, Mom." Grabs that S and puts it right into its magnetic holder so it sings. And it is CUTE.

15 months is a magnificent age, I have decided. I think I am going to put a brick on his head so he stays this precious and small forever.

No comments: