Tuesday, October 11

Monster in the bedroom?

I can't decide if I'm getting sick or if I'm just tired, or if it's a weird combination of both, plus a headband. The headband I wore yesterday -- since I was working from home, I didn't bother drying my hair, just pushed it back and left it there all day. I had the inklings of a small headache by end of day, which isn't unusual for me and headbands, but in the middle of the night, WHAMMO. "Hello, it's 12:47 a.m., and I am the Headache Monster, and you'd better get your head up off the pillow, for I am SPLITTING it down the middle." The only thing that felt better was to stand up, but even that didn't help much. I even had a touch of nausea on the side -- how nice. I stayed upright for about half an hour or 45 minutes, sitting on the tub, walking around the hallway -- which seemed so silly without holding and shushing a newborn or something -- then I gently eased back down into my pillow, hoping not to piss off the monster again. It worked and I slept and woke up fine, but as I sit here sipping my morning caffeinated beverage, I'm feeling kinda ookie again. Boooo.

No comments: