Monday, November 28

Beginning to look a lot like Christmas

A tidbit or two

It's wintery. Raining, not snowing, but the sky is dark with clouds and it's c-c-c-cold out there. I like being home with my little guy on days like this. In our PJs. We sat under blankets and did his puzzle about 4 times this morning. With milk. He's also a bit snuffly, so even better that I'm here to cuddle on him frequently (and wipe his nose, which he hates!) -- Mom's special duty. And by a bit snuffly, I mean the box of Kleenex I bought yesterday is half gone with the wiping.

Status Update on the Puh-deeeew: It's -- I'm -- in the laundry room. The washing machine stands at just about the right height for me to stand here and type, and I have the door pulled just far enough to conceal my true activity from Mr. Curious. He thinks I'm doing a LOT of laundry. It's going really well, actually, except for my bare feet starting to be tired from all the standing. When he needs me, he calls, "Mama," and I hop back over the gate. I've been able to conduct a bit of business with a lovely Dreft aromatherapy keeping me calm.

Kiss me and call me efficient: I have two, count'em, two crates of Christmas decorations activated, contents placed carefully by me, the Christmas fairy, around the house. Go fairy! Instead of trying to do it all in one long, ridiculous Decorating Day, I am trying to do it little by little and thus, not overwhelm myself. Husband's idea. He thought very hard about carrying all the stuff up from the basement last night, imagined what my reaction might be (melted into a puddle on the floor), and wisely decided on this one-at-a-time method. Such a smart fella. Only thing is, the mantle is looking a shade "off," what with the clock, the red taper candles, the can of Pledge and the bare stocking holders. Stockings and garland, I guess, are in Crate #3. We'll see how long it takes me to finish them all, and then next weekend: Tree!

And Every Day after that: "AJ, no-NO! We DON'T pull the ornaments off the tree and throw them into the fireplace. And don't touch those lights. Hothothot. No-no."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We put up the tree on Saturday; since no decorating was done last year, we made up for it this time! The Christmas cds (Barry M. 'specially!) have been dusted off, and the 24/7 radio station carols have been playing non-stop. Talk about joy-filled, indeed: happy tears! P.S. Glad you're back safely from Savannah.

Melessa Gregg said...

I discovered staggered decorating this year too. All I have to do now is hang up the stockings. It sure has been a nice change of pace from the craziness of the past. I'm Melessa from But I Digress, I found you through Toni and Sandra's blogs.

el-e-e said...

Hi, Melessa! :) Thanks for stopping by!