Friday, November 11

Note to Self:

When I become a mother-in-law one day, God willing, and have a lovely daughter-in-law with whom to share my son and my future grandkids, I must remember the following:

If, for example, she works from home on Mondays and Thursdays -- HYPOTHETICALLY, you understand... and if I've been told gently, several times, that she has precious little time in which to actually DO her work on those days -- like, while the baby is napping, which is usually from around 10:30am to around 1:30pm...? I MUST REMEMBER NOT TO CALL HER AT THOSE TIMES OF THE DAY.

And also, it probably would be best NOT to call repeatedly at, say, 7:00 p.m., and open my conversation, every time, not with "Hi!" but with "Did I catch you right at dinner?" Because, YES, YES I WILL HAVE CAUGHT THEM RIGHT AT DINNER, AND SAYING SO FIRST RATTLE OUT OF THE BOX JUST EMPHASIZES THE FACT THAT I KNOW I will catch them at dinner, and therefore they will wonder, "Why in the hell did she call at this time??"

Bless my future heart.

No comments: