Monday, November 14

Weekend

I finished my book in 4 days flat. I sucked it right down and chased it with sweet tea. It was delicious.

...

Leaves, leaves, and more stinking leaves. They tend to fall here in large gusts, so one minute, you've just raked up thirty gatrillion of them and your yard is pristine, and then next minute, a gust comes by and it rains leaves for 2 or 3 minutes, and then you cry. Of course, lucky for me, yard duty is my Husband's, in general. Although I did rake 4 whole piles for him while simultaneously chasing AJ and making sure he didn't step in dog poop.

...

I am sad that I'm going to miss Blogging 4 Books. I think it's a good topic this time. But by midnight tonight a winning entry probably isn't gonna happen for me. AJ's sickly. Spent the first part of this morning vomiting -- we think it was the brats that did it. Bratwurst, that is. He LOVED the stuff and ate a lot of it. I stupidly thought, "Hey, it's like hot dogs." But his little tummy let me know that it is Not At All like hot dogs. So the 2nd part of this morning was spent with AJ holding me hostage in nothing but a bra and jeans. I had to take my shirt off for vomity reasons, ew, and he was so tired and sickly that he just Needed His Mama. He was fast asleep before I managed to run upstairs, set him down, and throw on a t-shirt. I couldn't resist him, anyway; was perfectly willing to be held hostage by him, as long as the side of his head that smelled *good* was nearest my nose. Ha. Just kidding. I'd smell the pukey side and Like It. That is what mother's love is, people.

No comments: