Monday, February 13

Gratitude journal

1 -- AJ and I had a wonderful weekend together while DH was out of town. We missed him, yes, but spent good quality time together. Despite the fact that we had to take the car in to be serviced, and AFTER having the tires rotated/balance, discovered a nail in one of them, and then had to take the car to the tire place... it was still a nice weekend, and here's why: taking a 2-hour nap together on a cold, gray day with a blankie and 4 pillows, on Mommy's cozy bed. Sigh. Nothing sweeter. (And, let's be honest, having the whole queen-size bed to myself 2 nights in a row wasn't too terrible, either. I like to spread out. That, and the nap? I got *really* good sleep this weekend.)

2 -- My friend Cantus, who picked us up from the dealer and took us to lunch and shopping for lipstick (AJ loved it! no, seriously, he did) while they changed the oil. It was soooo nice of her to come all the way out here to be with us.

3 -- Snow! Even though it only snowed a scoche (sp?), and there was blue sky peeking through the clouds as it came down, it was pretty and we managed to get bundled up and out the door in time to enjoy it for a minute. Like real winter! (I know my neighbors in New England are cursing the same snow right now.)

4 -- DH's return!

5 -- All the laundry at my house is done and the bathrooms are clean. You'd better believe I'm thankful for that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

#5 - I am so jealous

I am grateful that at least I have a bathtub to wash my dishes in!
AARGH!

Anonymous said...

Oh, AND also grateful for

1. paper plates
2. plastic cutlery
3. plastic cups and bowls!