a library of my thoughts on motherhood, family, working, and daily life. an attempt to know myself. (hello, self!).
Friday, April 21
Gratitude Friday
Today I am grateful for ~ The time I took to work out yesterday. I'm once again motivated to get with it and get myself in shape, and the sore muscles all along my obliques and lower abs tell me that "Yeah! I did it!" I'm grateful that my knees only hurt a little bit when I go down the stairs, but it's not cool that they hurt at all, so, yay! workout! burn that butter! ~ Fresh veggies. I went to the market yesterday and bought yellow summer squash, red bell pepper, green bell pepper (which AJ called "gee app-ple" hee hee), and sweet onions, and grilled 'em with our steaks. One thing I realized about eating healthy is that it does take some time and effort. Time to chop the veggies. To cook the brown rice (vs. Minute Rice or... Pizza Hut). Time to Pack a Lunch instead of relying on Wendy's. I don't know how I'm going to squeeze those behaviors in, but I'm grateful for the hope of being able to. ~ Steady work. I've got a to-do list on my desk at the office and it's full, but not scary-overwhelming. I think it's just enough to fill 8 hours. ~ Rain the last couple of days, to water our gardens and keep the pollen counts down. Hubby is going through his annual bout of hayfever and he's been miserable! But, less so yesterday, because it was damp and the dust and pollen were washed away a bit. ~ Also grateful for Claritin. ~ A vacation to look forward to. It's just 2 days, but I've had an awful lot of fun thinking about it since Wednesday! As in, when I think about it I smile and my heart gets a little fluttery. Isn't that silly? But, oh, my Soul needs rejuvinating in that romantical way, and I'm so grateful for the anticipation. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Have a good time! We will likely visit Asheville ourselves this summer. DH's grandparents live in the SE corner of Tennessee, but there's a seafood place in Asheville that we always have to cross the state line for while we are in town. (I didn't think it was all that great, or I would have mentioned it as a "don't miss" when you said you were going to Asheville.)
Post a Comment