Ah'm tarred.
(My husband's grandfather, who displays that accent from the hills of Tennessee, turns 80 today -- happy birthday, Grandad!)
Easter weekend was a blur. My parents arrived around 6:30 on Friday, after I sent them on the longest short cut that ever was, to try and avoid Atlanta traffic. Oops. We had a great time together, although AJ was a little bit thrown off with extra people in his house and atypical meal/playtime/daycare schedules. He's fine now -- sleeping soundly -- but I'm dragging. I've juiced up with coffee AND tea, but still can't find my mojo. :) It could be that the Easter Vigil service, which lasted from 8:30 'til 11:30 p.m. Saturday night, and in which the choir sang about 89% of the time, wore me plain out. It could be.
(Self-inflating aside: Given the choice I'd still do this year's Vigil again, I think. I was in good voice -- I felt the most prepared I've ever felt for Easter, personally, and my big solo actually made me HAPPY. It was a beautiful piece, for one thing -- not a hokey-pokey hootenany guitar hymn -- and I managed, by the grace of God, to sing it well. It's rare that I'm really pleased with my own singing. I can always find my vocal shortcomings and I'm okay with having them -- but this once, it was nice to feel really GOOD about a song. It was an Easter present from God to me -- I sounded pretty. Yay, me! A girl's allowed to be proud of herself, right?)
What really got my circadian rhythm off was AFTER Mass. I had to go home and prep the Easter Bunny's props. You'd a-thought maybe the Bunny's Better Half might have done some of this while I was gone for 3 hours, but he didn't. And I guess his family tradition for Easter wasn't much "to-do," like mine was; he always woke to a basket of candy. My sis and I always woke to candy, stickers, small presents neatly layed out on the fireplace hearth, eggs hidden in the yard, dyed eggs from the day before... The Workz. So anyway, he was little help and Mom and I had to fuss over The Display all by ourselves....'til 1:00am. Then we got up at 6 to make sure the Bunny hid eggs in the yard like he's supposed to. And we went to the morning Mass Sunday, then to my cousin's house an hour away for the rest of the day. And I jumped on a trampoline! And chased my cousin's 8-year-old daughter, who wanted very much to babysit AJ. Whew. I never quite caught up from Saturday night, is what I'm trying to say. Ti-red.
But AJ enjoyed his chockie bunny for Easter breakfast, and strawberries for Easter dinner! He wasn't into the jelly beans, walked right past the Peeps, and BARELY cared about the crayons or the airplane toy or the John Deere playset. What he wanted most for Easter was M&Ms and
his new Glitter Play Doh.
It is ALL. He. Wants. To. Do. I gave him a star-shaped cookie cutter, so now, we open each can of Smooshy Goodness, one at a time, make a star, and stack the stars one on top of the other. Let me rephrase that. I make all the stars. He watches me do all the work. Then he's done. His interest departs and Mommy's stuck, literally, with her big butt in a kid-sized chair, and copious amounts of 'Doh that now need to be put away before they dry out. We seem to want to do this at least 3 times a day. I'll leave you with that since he's waking from his nap now (the Lucky Duck).
No comments:
Post a Comment