AJ is starting to abosrb the world with all 5 of his senses. A few weeks ago when DH bought me some flowers on his way home from work (! writing that here because I want to remember it!), AJ was very keen to "mell" them. He got his little nose close and then giggled with the delight that is a rose's fragrance.
He's also hearing things. Last Thursday we were in the front yard doing our daily ball-playing with Napoleon, and a siren of some sort began its moaning on the way to rescue. "Heah dat?" AJ said. "Heah dat?" Yes, I grinned, "That might be a fire truck!" And AJ said, "Ray tut!" (Red truck!) Genius child! I loved that he heard it from so far away and mimicked what I've evidently been saying to him every time I hear something interesting.
So last night, we went out for Mother's Day dinner at, where else? My favorite Mexican place. It sits really close to a working railroad track, and while we were in line at the hostess stand, a train moved through. Husband walked over to the side of the building so that AJ could see the choo-choo, and reported back to me that AJ clamped onto him pretty tightly as it whistled by. No more than 100 yards away, a train is rather LOUD, you see. Later during our meal, which we ate in the back of the restaurant, another train came through. AJ heard it, looked up at me with eyes wide and a tiny whimper, and then
reached out and held my hand (my finger, actually) the rest of the meal.
The gift of Touch. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment