Friday, May 19

Twitchy

I think I need a break from blogging. When I insistently click "Bookmarks" in my toolbar, but feel hopeless even as I scroll down to the "Blogs" folder that nothing in there is going to interest me, I think that's a sign. When I get a blank page in front of me and drum my fingers on the keys, unable to think of ANYTHING meaningful to type, that's another sign. Also when my eyes burn.

[Aside:] Anybody else just plain jealous that other people are being PAID, real-time full-time jobs, to mom-blog? I mean, yeah, happy for them and all that, but man, I could SO deal with some a'that action. We can't all be superstars, though, and I'm nowhere near the caliber. It's like church: some of God's angels sing from the pews and not from the choir loft. We need them there, too.

Anyways I think I'm backing off for a bit. I just might not hit "publish" in the next week or so. (Watch me get bored today at come over here to talk about Tom Hanks' hair, which, by the way, I think is appropriate to his daVinci Code CHARACTER. It's called acting, people. Plus he had to do something different so people wouldn't think "hey, it's Forest Gump. It's Jim Lovell. It's Tom Hanks!" Duh.)

I might not even read my favorites for a week or so. Gasp. What'll I read?? Well, I just bought 2 books the other day -- fiction, fun books simply because I WANTED them, quelle treat! -- maybe those. (Poisonwood Bible by B. Kingsolver and Plain Truth by J. Piccoult, in case you're wondering.)

Later, gators. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss the blogging! Has it really just been a few days? I haven't written in my journal in a month. I guess sometimes you do need a break.

Anonymous said...

Apparently, my browser didn't refresh, now did it? I went back to your page, and there was stuff to read! Including an entry from yesterday! I'm so happy for you on the performance -- wish I could have seen it. The flyer on your cube registered in my consciousness once. I told myself to read it and check the date, but I never did. :( And I'm sorry about DH's grandfather and the Crohn's. Just doesn't seem fair that some people have to deal with health problems.

el-e-e said...

sdw,
i just [heart] you. thx for checking in. :)