We're back, after a nice long holiday weekend plus one extra day for us. Yesterday I actually had time to go get my hair done. First time since December, people. What a luxury. I savored every moment of those toxic bleach-y fumes, every word of Allure magazine, and the salon-gossip my stylist was catty (awesome) enough to share with me.
I'm torn today because June holds much promise -- the month of our family vacation hooray!, the first month that school's out so traffic is thinner, the month of my 32nd birthday -- but as I make my to-do list at the office this morning, I'm seeing a month FULL-UP with WORK. Why is it that EVERY YEAR, I think work's going to slack up a bit, and send me on vacation to refresh and renew... but instead I end up SLAMMED right up until we close the trunk of the car on our way out? Every. Year. All of a suddent things are piling up: client visits, websites to write, blah ba dee blah, blah, blah. This year, add an extra choir concert on the 17th and a whole lot of unexpected social committments like this random h.s. graduation party we have to attend this Saturday, and I'm fully burned out before the month even starts. Plllllbbbbbbttt.
I will handle it (and not whine... every day). At least my gray hairs -- which will undoubtedly BUST OUT with this upcoming stress (and being SO OLD!) -- are now properly disguised as summer highlights. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment