Wednesday, May 24

Tummy bugs

AJ has another tummy problem, so I'm home today feeding him attempting to feed him yogurt and plain crackers and clear liquids. He's not really into yogurt these days. Even though I tried to fool him by announcing his "cherry pudding" was for lunch. Hmph. Too smart for me, I guess. We only managed to get a few bites of the good bacteria in him. He gets the occassional stomach cramp when he comes to me and wants to be held for a minute. "Does your tummy hurt, buddy?" He answers, "Ah do." :( Poor little man.

My husband's grandfather's been diagnosed with a malignant tumor in his lower intestine. This is a big bummer. The man's fairly weakened already so they aren't sure he's up to dealing with a surgery. So that's really really sad. Not sure what happens from here; it feels rather like no one's got much hope about an old man surviving it. I know that's reality but it seems wrong not to even WANT to fight it. Sigh. I know it's going to hit my husband hard because Grandad was really a father for him. He used to go stay with them in the summers and I know he cherishes those times and Grandad's gentle wisdom. And his indulgence of DH's childhood whims. Grandad took him to see movies, and if there was ever a toy that DH couldn't get in Georgia, Grandad would beat a hot path looking for it in every store in Tennessee. :)

We're anticipating DH's colonoscopy in a few weeks, as well. That will be fun. It's his 4th or 5th one and he's not forty yet! They're preventive of course, and necessary to keep watch on Captain Crohn. I'm sure that Grandad's news will weigh heavy on him this time. Sigh. I'm naturally a tad worried that all these gastroentologic legacies will someday reveal themselves in AJ's little body. Guess I'd better start a serious devotion to St. Timothy.

No comments: