Friday, June 23

Gratitude journal

No preaching today, I promise. Don't go thinking I'm all good and holy. I'm truly, embarrassingly not. Just sometimes I get a chance to be silent for a while, and it is good for my soul. I like remembering it, so I write it down.

Here's the AJ report: MAN, did he wake up grumpy today! And he was last night, too! No Brush Teef! No Eat! (not even ABCs and 123s from a can. I do not understand him, those are the BEST and a critical kid food-group.) No Tooo (school)! No Mama Room! RRRAWR, it was annoying. Kid needs a damn vacation.

Here's the vaca report: We leave tomorrow! We were going to leave tonight, but I think we need one night to chill on our couch (after we pack), instead of scurrying around like little squirrels in November, like we have done all week -- not to mention giving AJ one more good night's rest to try and kick this cold. So here's to 6:00 am tomorrow!

Here's the gratitude report: 1. For my husband, who takes a figurative punch to the gut every day and continues to push through. I am so grateful for his constancy. 2. For my parents, who are planning (and paying for) another wonderful, relaxing weekend (full week!!) that is so needed I can't even tell you!! 3. For coffee. 4. For Zinc and Echinacea. (yep, my glands are swollen and throat hurts) 5. For the gift of an idea, finally -- an easy Ice Cream Sundaes birthday party at our house -- and a Party City right across the street!

No comments: