Friday, June 2

Just some stuff

So, Grandad met with a surgeon yesterday and following another consult with a pulmonary doc, they will try to schedule a surgery for him. When we saw him last weekend, he seemed in fairly good spirits for a guy who's been through what he's been through the past year, and I was glad of that. He'll need all the strength he can muster for the next phase.

We're hoping for some rain. Not for our plants and flowers, since AJ and I broke out the garden hose yesterday and doused them nicely. (AJ also enjoyed watering the rocks.) But for the cleaning of my driveway, which is covered in drawings of apples, rainbows, cats, sailboats, additional apples - the kid is obsessed - hearts, flowers and fish (I draw "girly" what can I say??)... due to the recent purchase of THIS monstrosity:

Please, Mr. Weatherman! Let it rain! We're running out of canvas!

Even though it was a three-day week, I'm anxious for the weekend break. Here's our plan:
Saturday
9:00am: I have "good choir" practice 'til 1:00pm. Last practice of the year.

3:00pm: I would like to visit the furniture store and purchase my anniversary/birthday gift with DH -- a china cabinet woo hoo! This is something I've l-o-n-g-e-d-f-o-r, since the dawn of time and my china collection. Since we got married, we've used that china and its corresponding silver exactly twice, because it is such a royal pain to drag it all out of the back of the closet where it's hidden (from potential robbers, you understand) in acid-free, bump-preventing cushioned bags. I would love to see my china on a daily basis. I would walk by it lovingly and say, "Good day, my preciouses." I might even Windex that cabinet regularly so its sparkle would be apparent. DH has been saying "Just PICK a cabinet, already!" for a couple of years now. So it is time. :)

6:00pm: My friend Mags is coming over to babysit so that DH and I can attend a party. I'm hoping there will be drinks involved, although it's a h.s. graduation shindig, so I doubt it. (I'm starting to sound like quite the lush with all my talk lately. I don't know why -- we totally don't even drink and therefore one glass is about all we can handle. I just like the taste of cocktails, more than anything. Aaaaand... the giggling.)

Sunday

10:00am Unfortunately Pentencost falls late this year, so Parish Choir stretches all the way into June. But that's it -- after this Sunday, sayonara Parish Choir. Really, I'm quitting it. No REALLY. I CAN TO tell someone No. Shut up.

5:00pm Plans are in place to visit the being-revitalized Downtown Square and let AJ run around in their park, as well as meeting my best pal from college. We'll walk to the pizza place after that and have a nice birthday dinner. I'm pretty psyched about that because I'm all about pizza. Beach Week, pfft. I think I have shed all my delusions about being skinny for the beach. I just don't care all that much if I look roly or poly. Wait, yes I do. How many abdominal crunches can I work in today? How many tomorrow? ...Nah, shrug, I don't. Sue me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!