Tuesday, June 20

Sucky things

Here are some things I've done in the last 2 days that haven't been all that much fun:

1. Made my first visit to the pediatric ER. Yah. It's located in the back of the hospital, among the dirt and unnerving chain-link construction fence where they are re-doing the parking lot. And it's about 34 degrees in the triage waiting area. My kid was probably grateful for the cool air on his 103 degree lethargic body, but I was not-so-much. ERs can be kind of yucky places, even when they're playing Shrek II on the DVD.

2. Held my child against his will on the X-ray table. He looked at me with little doe-eyes of horror when they put the lead skirt over his legs and tied it on him. He didn't know what the hell he was doing there and screamed to make sure everyone knew it. Of course I had to force his head to face forward, while they made a clean chest x-ray. His chest is fine.

3. Bathroom tile. Grout. Toothbrush. Clorox. (that was Sunday and I still smell the fumes in my nose.)

4. Rescheduled a conference call for work in a 12:30am pleading email to the client, only to have them NOT CHECK EMAIL before calling me 15 minutes after the event was supposed to start. I know they were thinking, "This slacker is 15 minutes late calling us." I had to gently ask "Did you get my email?" And wait while they checked it. And then listen to them feel bad for being mad at me before. That whole episode sucked of embarrassment and unprofessional-ness but whatcanyado?

That's it, I guess. Oh wait:
5. Left AJ with his Aunt Colleen and listened to him cry and scream because he's never been left with her before. He's met her, but he was understandably confused about why Mommy was leaving. OUCH. Hurts a little bit, every time.

Sigh.

1 comment:

el-e-e said...

yeah, he's fine. Just a virus. But a Mean one!