I made some zucchini bread the other day in an attempt to sneak a vegetable into AJ's banana bread-loving mouth. It is dry. I am a whole wheat flour virgin -- at least I was, until Sunday night -- but how can a recipe with 1 cup canola oil, and a big wad of wet grated zucchini, come out dry? Anyone? Bueller? Is it the whole wheat or my poor cooking? (Don't answer that.) But, do. If you know.
3 comments:
I think it's the whole wheat. Seems like a different consistency altogether. I've bought a sack of it and I'm going to start trying to substitute it for the white. My first experiment was whole wheat dumplings in chicken and dumplings. It's going to take some getting used to.
Hello, here from Melessa's... Just a thought, but since WW is so different than white flour my mom used to use a 50/50 mixture for bread. It still has a somewhat "normal" consistency and has some of the good stuff that WW does. As you get acclimated, you can change the ratio to more WW. I use this also with brown rice. 100% brown rice = yuck, but if I mix half white and half brown I can eat it... Go figure! Anyway, just a thought...
Thanks, arbee -- I had thought of revising the recipe to half and half. That might work next time. Meanwhile, can I offer you a piece?? :)
Post a Comment