We're beyond thrilled that AJ finally enjoys music. He enjoys it a little too much, to the point that we fear for the safety of his CDs. But we were WEARY of holding him up to reach the alarm clock/CD player every. time. we entered. his room., so recently I put it down on a nightstand for him.
OH THE JOY! He will stay in his room now, while I'm in the kitchen making dinner. Not that I NEED him to do that -- he WANTS to be there, alone if that's what it takes... So he can take CDs out, and put them back in. On "endless loop." He'll just play the first 2-3 notes, to confirm that indeed, that IS the Wiggles, then he opens it up, cracks it out of place, takes hold of the no-touchy part in order to slide the center gently down over his index finger -- you know, so it won't get any "feener-pints" on it, as we've taught him ;) -- and then quickly picks the next one in rotation. He clunks that into the player, scraping it just a bit and making me and DH wince.
I guess our parents worried that we'd yank all the tape out of their cassettes and 8-tracks, leaving it in a trail along the floor. So it's all relative. I pick my battles. And if he wants to listen to CDs, fine by me.
Here are the songs that most often get stuck inside my head:
"It's the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse! Come inside, it's FUN inside."
"JACK and Jill went UP the hill, to FETCH a pail of WAH-TER..."
"Little Mister Roo... don't grow up too fast, too soon...." (makes me cry)
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers, is Tiggers are wonderful things!"
"Look at you Now" (Bear and Treelo, from Bear & the Big Blue House)
"Lights, Camera, ActionWIG-GLES!"
I wish I could post clips but you Mommies should be familiar already. AJ also asks "Did loo bwing loor iPod?" every time we get in the car. Because I have uploaded all of his music to iTunes, in case he destroys the CDs. Because I am smart that way.
5 comments:
Okay, you are a generous mama. Using your IPod for your son's tunes is so nice of you. I'm sure I will not have one single kid song on mine, when I finally get one. I'm too selfish.
My kids had a cd player in their room, but it broke. Now they don't have one and have to rely on the kindness of Mommy to listen to kid music. Mommy is not kind very often. They are just going to learn to like modern P&W, darn it.
Perhaps I am not so much generous as DUMB. (First timer, and all.) ;)~
No, dumb would be getting him his own ipod! Im all for sharing. Do you play it through your car, or do you let him wear earbuds?
Fisher Price FP3 coming AJs way for his b-day at the beach!
I just play it through the car. No earbuds, yet; I don't think he would go for that. Although he did try to stick broccoli in his ear the other night... hm.
The Mickey Mouse club house gets stuck in my head too. And I plain just stopped letting him watch the Wiggles because first I don't like those guys and second THOSE SONGS drive me crazy! They would always be stuck in my head the rest of the day... "fruit salad, yummy yummy, fruit salad, yummy yummy" How dumb is that?
Post a Comment