Monday, February 5

Yay, the little ponies won!

So, did ya watch the Game? We went to our friends' house and it was a bona fide PARTY. I mean, look at these cutie patootie partying kids:

In JAMMIES! My favorite kind of kid, now that ya mention it.

Everyone was rooting for Peyton, to no one's surprise, since one of the aforementioned kids (the middle one) is NAMED Peyton. Not for Mr. Manning, but coincidentally this family is a bunch of Tennessee fans. They'd picked the name because it would work for either gender, and then realized, hey, this will also showcase our team! The ultimate bonus in baby-naming, yes? Okay, maybe not. Anyway, it was fun to be together, and besides that we ate pigs-in-a-blanket(s) -- help! grammatically clumsy phrase! -- with honey-mustard sauce and PUFFY CHEETOS. My heavens, did AJ love the Puffy Cheetos. I was reminded of a boy named Cartman, whom I used to watch way back in the late '90s. ("Screw you gahs, Ah'm goin' home!")

Oh, sorry. Tossing out "South Park" lines used to be funny. Right?

I thought the commercials were SUB-PAR. Not a one of 'em, in my opinion, deserves to be in the hall of fame of million-dollar SuperBowl ads. Except maybe the KFed one, in which he totally gets points from me for making fun of his own craptastic public image. ("You need a dollah? 'Cause I got a wholllle stack." HA!)

It turned out to be a late night so I am more tired today than I should be, even though I've had my requisite two cups of coffee. What's with that?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We missed the first half of the game, but I completely agree about the commercials in the second half. Special effects are no substitute for creativity, people!

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by and yes, I did see the game and I actually followed it this time.I was impressed! Hope you are doing well!!

Anonymous said...

I missed the first half since I was on call and worked called as Billy Joel was singing.

Hubby was rooting for the Bears - which didn't turn out like he hoped. I liked the commercial for Blockbuster with the rabbit/gerbil/mouse.

Unknown said...

Billy Joel sang? I caught Prince only because I am from MinnesOta. My husband came home from fixing heat problems around 6:30 pm and asked why I did not have the game on, I replied, it does not start at 8:00pm? I got caught up with cooking :-) Glad you had fun..

Anonymous said...

Billy Joel did the national anthem before the game.

Krissy said...

WE WILL NOT TALK ABOUT THE PONIES. SCREW YOU, NATURAL SELECTION!