Tuesday, September 25

Trying on some new phrases

I just published an article at WorkIt,Mom!, a site I read daily and very much enjoy. I have intended to publish regularly there -- any member can -- but have been devoid of any useful ideas. Until yesterday. And when the Muse appears, you have to put off your actual work to get it done use your time extra-wisely and pay heed to her.

Enjoy: Here's the goods. Ignore the big fat typo in paragraph 2. Argh. Very embarrassing that I can't get back in there and edit it out. Oh well.

------------------------

AJ has also been trying out new words lately, seeing what kind of reaction they'll produce. Such as:

Scene 1
Me: AJ, time to pick up those blocks and put them away.

AJ: I don't weally CARE about doing dat. I don't weally care 'bout it.


Scene 2
Me & Hubby: (talking amongst ourselves in the cereal aisle)

AJ: GUYS. Hey. Mama. (stomping off) I'm TIRED of dis!



Where did he learn these grown-up expressions? *looks around innocently* No, seriously, I am sure I don't say, "I don't care about that." Certain.

6 comments:

nicole said...

Thanks for giving me more rationalizations for eating out. ;) Just so you know, even us stay-home moms have those days where we Just. Don't. Want. To. Eat. At. Home. We usually eat out during the week too. Partly because we have something going on all the time it seems on the weekends, and because like you said, way less crowded mid-week. So, I say good for you for making the change.
As for the new phrases--sounds like a 3-year old to me!

Lauren said...

I love this idea of eating out during the week...we rarely rarely go OUT to eat with the kids, but the idea of not messing up the kitchen on a weeknight(which is now spic and span thanks to the clorox cleanup:)) is oh so appealing! Maybe I'll try it out tonight?

Also...kids phrases...My daughter woke up the other morning and when I asked her how she slept she said, "Good!! Like a WOMAN!!" Whatever that means....

Anonymous said...

I love AJ's new phrases!

Madame Queen said...

I would have KILLEd for a restaurant night last night. I've got so much more to say on this actually that I think I'm going to blog about this tonight and link to your post. Is that okay?

el-e-e said...

MadameQueen -- sure! :) Thx!

Gina said...

[stifled laughter]