I have An Announcement to make:
I got up this morning at FIVE THIRTY to go for a walk.
I am so, so proud of myself. Krissy inspired me a week or two ago, but I am also constantly thinking about being 31. And not-getting-any-younger. And family history. And bad eating habits. And how you lose the ability to fight off the fat as you get older. I SO want to be a healthy example for my little man and his possible siblings. And, let's face it, I SO want to buy the cute outfits at Talbot's and not have to shop at Lane Bryant. (Vanity's perhaps an okay thing in this instance?) So I did it, I did it, I did it. I just can't NOT do it. I have to make this one of my non-negotiables, and get out there every day. Just, period. No questions or reasons, it's just one of those things I Must Do, like brushing teeth. (After a full week last week of Good Intentions, I just have to say, "Well, hooey," and get on with it.)
It was not as hard as I thought it would be to get my butt out of the house that early. For some reason I was awake today at 5, kind-of waiting for the alarm. My internal clock was beeping me stealthily, I guess. So by the time 5:30 rolled around I was actually bored, and ready to do something. (Thanks, internal clock!) I only walked about 20 minutes but I figure if I can make that a habit (would every day be too much to ask of myself?), I'll be good to go. No worries about cholesterol or heart disease for me (genetics be damned)! I will persevere and not back down and eat healthy things more than salty/yummy/sugary/tasty things. Yes, I will. (No, I won't, not all of that.) But I will, So Help Me.
3 comments:
GOOD JOB LEE!!!
I wish I had the motivation to get up and do it that early. Unfortunately Alaska is getting darker and colder at that time in the morning (today I woke to a cold 37) :(
Stacie
Take a look at the Leslie Sansone walking videos for when the weather is unfriendly! Just keep walking!
Yay for you!!!!
Maybe you'll be my inspiration!
Post a Comment