Friday, October 7

Suh-weet!

My cholesterol just got checked -- first time ever, that I'm aware of -- and it was 172. And now, all together now, let's siiiiiiiiiigh with relief. It could be better, of course (thus, the workout regimen that began this week), but I'm just happy it's within normal levels. I fully expected it to be through the roof. Especially since I had a PIECE OF CAKE for breakfast! HA! I am of the "Bill Cosby, Himself" generation that fully believes cake has eggs, milk, and flour in it -- it's absolutely breakfast food. But I now qualify for lower health insurance rates because I took their little tests, right here at the office with all my coworkers standing by. One guy stood a bit too close to the scale while I was on it. Rude. (Can you believe they didn't have any curtained-off areas for this? I fully expected that, too, in this age of health information privacy and all. But as is the case with most of my company's procedures, this is the cheap seats, people. No frills.)

My friend J is moving in a few months, to beautiful coastal North Carolina. I am going to miss her terrifically but... last night she called me to her house to go through years' worth of her 5-year-old son's garage-sale-bound clothes. SCORE! I got jammies, long-sleeved t-shirts, the cutest mittens/hat set I've ever seen (like we need it), and a bunch of precious, preppy Striped Socks. She said I was preppy and that's why I liked the socks -- I was flattered but told her I think I only Aspire to be preppy. I think having a boy helps, though. What does a preppy girl wear, exactly, these days? I'm not sure. I think "classic relaxed" wins over "preppy" in current trends for women. I also bought AJ some jeans and cords the other day at Target, so we should be set for Fall. Of course, there's always room for more clothes (GRANDMOM). ;)

Tonight, DH and I will be poring over the loan papers for our mortgage re-fi. What fun. And then we'll talk about the health insurance we were tested for this morning -- enrollment next week. And then, if we're not trying to throw things at each other or cross-eyed with our tongues lolling about like CRAZY PEOPLE, we will revisit this vinyl siding situation and see just exactly how much cash we can afford to put into it. Don't you wish you had such an awesome Friday night planned? You know you do. Don't worry, we'll be having Stiff Drinks with a side of Alcohol for supper.

P.S. I love using the word "cords." I used to read it in books like "SuperFudge" but didn't exactly know what it meant. But it sounds so sturdy. And sort-of sophisticated. Next, I'll start calling AJ's jeans "dungarees," for that essential rough-n-tumble connotation.

2 comments:

Krissy said...

We use dungarees for overalls.

I love little boy clothes.

el-e-e said...

See? I didn't know what dungarees were, either! I love the boy clothes, too.