Wednesday, November 30

On the other end of the Friend-spectrum:

There is another woman I rilly, rilly WANT to be friends with. She's my son's daycare teacher. I said to Husband recently, "I rilly, rilly want her to be my friend in real life. Not just at daycare. You think I could ask her to lunch or something, like on a Saturday?" He looked at me like I was Weird. I probably am. But would it be totally out of the question to strike up a personal friendship with her? Would it be contrived? She's actually expecting her FIFTH! baby. Her first girl. (Meanwhile, she cares for 10 one-year-olds, eight hours a day. Did I mention this woman is quite amazing? I admire from afar.) And so her last day is most likely this Friday. SOB! Whimper! I am ever-so-thankful she's only taking 3 or 4 weeks off (her hubby works at home). Of course, she mentioned to me that SHE was glad, too -- she'll only miss a few weeks of her students' development. (Again, um... amazing?? She is so invested in MY kid et al, that she's cutting short her maternity leave? Perhaps the mentality is a bit more relaxed after five maternity leaves.) I'm thinking I will get her a wee little baby gift so she'll know I *like like* her. Hee! It's like 3rd grade over here. Maybe I should include "Check yes or no" boxes on the card.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't see why she couldn't be your friend. All you need to do is ASK.

There was a time in my life where I really felt lonely, so I started praying--telling God that I needed some FRIENDS. And he put them in my way.

Maybe that's what he's done for you?