Friday, January 20

5 weird things

This little quiz is going around and, in lieu of sharing something intelligent or witty with you, I'll share some weird things about myself.

1. I prefer to drive in a complete circle, when possible. For example, there are two entrances to my subdivision. If I leave out the front entrance, I'd rather return through the back entrance, so that I won't "drive back over" my tracks. (Not that I really would, anyway, always being on the right side of the street, but a wider circle is nicer, and yes, I argue this to myself every time.)

2. When I eat things that are way too sweet, the insides of my ears itch. At least that's how I've always described it. It's like a little twinge in my brain. It makes me squeeze my eyes together and shake my head to think about it. Grapes and bananas used to do this to me. Now, it's more processed sugars, like, the other day when I ate 2 doughnuts. *lemon-pucker-face!*

3. I'm a compulsive note-taker. In college I'd really try to write down everything the professor said. As a choral student, it gets weird. Since I only take notes in pencil, there is an opportunity, every time, to make them PRETTIER than they first appear -- I will go back and erase/rewrite the word "louder," or "watch," or "crescendo" 3 or 4 times if that's what it takes. I even erase/rewrite breath marks (apostrophes) if they aren't to my liking. Because you wouldn't want a breath mark that's too long, or too dark, or not EX-actly where the breath should be!

4. I count the stairs every time I walk down them, in my house. This started when AJ was a newborn and I was concerned I'd drop him, especially in the middle of the night. So I counted the steps and thus at night, in the pitch black, I'd know when I hit the bottom. The habit stuck. (We have 14 stairs total.) I figure it will be good for teaching AJ his numbers at some point.

5. My sister accused me of being weird when we used to make our sandwiches for lunch in the mornings before school. I required that the mayo be spread Just Right, so that it reached, but did not go over, every edge and corner of my bread. I still do this, with peanut butter, margarine, cream cheese, mayo, mustard, you name it. I can hear her cringing right now.

What are your weird things?

1 comment:

Krissy said...

I'll do this at Speckblog later today.

Weirdo.

XXX