Monday, January 16

Note to self:

No more cookie dough.

Ohthehumanity my tummy aches. I didn't even eat that much, just a spoonful or two... but, oh. So determined to make the cookies, though -- because I want to be the kind of Mommy who bakes cookies on cold Sundays.

* * *

Yesterday at Mass we sang "Here I Am, Lord." And the thought occurred to me, very late in this game, that (duh) perhaps I am CALLED to be in this place, at this time, working full-time and mothering, even though I *think* it's not what I want. The lyrics say, "I will go, Lord, if you lead me," and for some reason that phrase hit me differently, although I've heard the song seventy trillion times before. This might sound trite, but perhaps it's: "OK, Lord, I will GO to work (sigh) if you lead me and help me through it. I will go." Like, maybe I'm meant to inspire someone (at work? or at church, or in another circle) that they can, like I can, be a mom and work, too. Maybe they're struggling with a decision of their own, or wondering how it can all work out, and I'm meant to be a graceful example to them.

So now all I need is the graceful part. Heh. I know I've been given the grace -- it's displaying it that I probably need to work on.

(While I was cantoring this song at the mic and the thought struck me, I had to also quickly pray, "yipes! lead me through *this song* so I don't get choked up In Stereo!")

No comments: