I am percolating a little bloggy-fun regarding dreams. I'm a Seer in my other life, did I tell you? Fo realls, yo. Dreams sometimes have meaning, I'm certain of that. In FACT, my great grandmother was known for HER extra-sensory perception, and I believe that her visions, too, were sometimes born of nightly dreams. (Although, for some reason, when I imagine her dispensing mystic advice to her friends, she's sitting up in a bed during the bright part of daytime, with a California breeze blowing her curtains around her. I've never seen an actual photo like this or been told of it, it's just how my brain imagines the scene.) Anyway, I thought it'd be fun to collect my dreams for a week and then see if they all had some collective corollary -- or if they are all just a load of bunk. Which is also very possible.
Play along with me if you like! We'll determine together if you're eating too much spicy food before bed, or if you're just plain crazy. :) Here's my first 2 installments:
Sunday: (1) My coworker W. and his wife and baby were leaving for Slovakia. The wife hails from there, and they just up and decided they were moving. When I asked W, "What are you going to DO there?" meaning work, he said to me, in the dream, "Guess I'll have to learn to speak Czech." Heh. So, Fear of loss perhaps? (2) The oft-noted "Unprepared for a Test" dream. I hate those! Somehow I am supposed to be taking a big old (music? I think?) test, but I have not begun any measure of studying for it. The Encyclopedia of Dreams says "You have lost confidence in your abilities." To do what, I don't know. I'm actually feelin' quite confident these days, as a mom, wife, employee... who knows.
Monday: I actually dreamed I was reading Joshilyn's blog. Shows you how interesting my life isn't! (No offense to Joss, of course.) But there was a purpose to my mind settling on the subject of her blog -- A week ago I submitted a little meager haiku to her recent haiku contest, and... I'd been kinda hoping to win. So in the dream, I did. :) Hee hee. In real life, I did not. It's cool, I'm (sob!) really okay. For my mom's sake -- she always praised my haiku, as was her duty -- my entry went like this:
Shriveled bananas.
Could be reborn as bread, but
I'm out of eggs, too.
Ha ha! Pure genius, right Mom? I thought it really captured the visual imagery of those brown bananas rotting in my kitchen.
2 comments:
Hey, I liked it too.
I loved your haiku, and I'm not one for haiku. Thanks for stopping by my newly formed blog. I'm adding yours to my list of blog links.
Tina
Post a Comment