What is the deal with blogger? I am typing this in Word and am going to have to copy/paste it later. Because the thoughts are in my head NOW, and they will soon be gone. My mind is like that.
I had a very nice Birthday Weekend, despite the fact that I was sick all of Saturday and most of Sunday. Urgh, the tummy bug got me. Including bedtime chills, achy shoulders, Charmin, and quite possibly a low-grade fever. Amazing how crappy just a teensy bit of fever can make you feel. Thank goodness for Advil. Am feeling much better today and food is appealing again. We had a fun time at the pizza place, and not just because we were watching our friends chase their little girl. AJ sat in his high chair while she ran wild around the restaurant "making friends" with the other patrons. And sitting on the wet floor (gross)! And getting in the way of the servers. AJ did his share of squirming, to be sure. But he was told to Sit Down in his High Chair, and he did. Grinned at me every time he tried to stand back up, the little weasel. But then sat back down again like the good little boy we are raising him to be. Smug smug smug. Toward the end of the evening he began saying "Weddy duh DOH, Mama. (Ready to GO!)"
So, to sum up: We purchased my china cabinet in what must have been the Easiest Rooms-To-Go shopping experience ever. I took a nap with AJ in the dark cool of my room. I read my book for more than an hour. We played outside. We ate dinner with good friends. I got calls from my loved ones. I watched Bridget Jones' The Edge of Reason, and ate cake, after my non-singing husband soloed Happy Birthday to me in his (actually lovely) baritone. Truly, it couldn't have been a nicer day. Except for the Charmin, of course.
P.S. larry! Thanks for your message! Would have called you back but it seemed awfully tacky to call back to "receive" my birthday greetings. :)
3 comments:
So you were sick, huh? I was too -- felt awful Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Chills, stomach problems, achiness. I thought it was just my typical stomach problems, but maybe it was a bug. That makes me happy.
Sounds like an ideal weekend. Hope your tomorrow goes smoothly.
Yeah, dude, I thought of you. Was hoping YOU were sick from something *else,* actually... But perhaps we just shared the crud. Such fun. :)
I was hoping, too. But The Man Upstairs certainly knew I needed to get well first. Next month!
Post a Comment