Friday, June 9

Material girl

The china cabinet is installed and it looks beautiful. Pictures to follow after I gently position all my pretties inside! I have to say, one of the sweetest things about it is how much DH is anxious for it to be ready for me to "play with." He worked really hard last night, not even taking time to change out of his work attire, to clean off the masking tape residue from the glass and inspect the wood and the metal and all. He ran out to Home Depot to get some thingamabobs to help it sit level on the carpet. He checked and rechecked to make sure it is just right. The care with which he's preparing it says a lot to me. I'm one lucky material girl.

In other news, AJ woke up with worse fever this morning than he had yesterday, so once again he is not going to school. I swear, the money we have offered to the daycare gods is starting to add the hell up. The days he hasn't been there since May 1, that we've paid for (because he isn't ALLOWED to go, sick)? 5. Let's clicky-click on our calculators... that's 180 bucks, dude. This is why it is ANNOYING to live away from your family where there are no grandparents handy for such emergencies. This is also when I start wishing and whining for THINGS WHICH ARE NOT, which I am not supposed to mention.

ANNNNyway, let's talk about something else. What's new in the news? My Senior year American History teacher used to always ask that to begin her current events talk before class. A 10-second scan of this morning's cnn.com brought me to that HORRIBLE photo of the dead Al-Zarqawi, did you see it? -- gross, CNN!!!! Are you kidding me? His lips are blue! There is uncouth, and then there is UNcouth - and I don't care if he IS a terrorist of the worst kind, I don't need to see his extreme close-up, fat DEAD above the fold at 9:50 in the morning. Good Lord. -- and also this shark story, which is equally wonderful to behold right before our beach trip. Two news items proving that this world is not the same as when we were young and carefree. We used to go all the way to the sandbar, at least 200 yards out, swimming, jumping waves, getting nibbled by minnows, not a care in the world about possible sharks. Hours of pure innocent sunburn-inducing joy. I never even saw "Jaws." But no way am I letting my kid swim there, now that the beasts have been lured **by us** to the seaside for their snacks! They can keep their shark-teeth, thankyouverymuch. I'll be at the pool!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can a get a big AMEN! for the pool, sista?

Unlike you, I did not even enjoy the minnows...only served to remind me that if they live there...iick icck iick. I love chlorine! Oh, but I realllly love those salt water pools which, byu the way, are AMAZING for eczema. G-man has soft, smooth skin every time we swim at our friend's salt water cement pond.

Look for me on you caller ID soon...I so need to M-O-V-E away from the crazy!