This week I am going to write about nothing but good things. I am going to resist nature's monthly urge to whine, and instead band-aid over it by Thinking Happy Thoughts. I am Mrs. Merry Sunshine, and gratitude is my weapon. EVERYBODY SMILE, DAMMIT.
--Children's (purple) Motrin gets my wholehearted endorsement. Even more wonderful, I did not have to administer it at all yesterday, after 3 days of shameless reliance on it. AJ survived his fever. I always imagine those who lived when fever was cause for major worry -- Laura and Mary Ingalls and their scarlett fever come to mind -- and wonder how they survived being mothers back then. Not to mention how they survived to grow old enough to become mothers, but I'm talking about surviving the fear of your child being ill. Even though we mothers today know the Motrin will kick in any minute now, it's a quiet hell to sit there and feel the wet, red heat coming from every surface of your little one. Those women in 1870 were tough as nails. But back to the grateful: Motrin! Hooray! AJ sucks it right down like honey.
--Good thing: My boss just left the office for a business trip. Always good when he's not here.
--Good thing: Blatantly doocing myself with the above statement. (Hi, coworkers!)
--Good thing: Pool-time with friends and acquaintances, and discovering spray-on sunscreen! I haven't known very many years of squirmy kids who won't let you put that zinc stuff on without a fight, but for those moms who have, here is your salvation! Just spray it on? GENIUS! I went right out and bought 2 bottles. The days of grinding little granules of razor-sharp SAND into your sensitive skin while applying lotion at the beach are officially over.
--Potty trained not-yet-3-year-olds are a VERY GOOD THING! Congrats, larry and family! It feels like forever before AJ will get there, but hey, what's a day if you can't hold your breath and look some poop right in the eye, eh?
2 comments:
We are SO on the SAME thought train today!
1. Laura and Mary Ingalls - As we prepare for our lengthy road trip for which I purchased a new portable DVD player...I was thinking of the time and difficulty of the Ingalls going the distance we are...what would they think if they could see us in our mini-van with snacks and soda watching a movie in the AC going 80mph??????
2. Spray on Sunscreen is the bomb! Have you spotted any "babies" formula ones??? Of course it is not my "baby" who needs it, but my pre-teen. I love a good irony. Does AJ still have the eczema??? sunscreen can cause yucky flare-ups. So sorry that I sound like a know-it-all...lessons learned the hard way...
3. Going to see CARS today as a potty celebration! I would NOT love the irony if he had an accident at his potty celebration! I think I might revert to a pull-up for the occassion.
Our eczema is pretty well cleared up, actually. But I will be on the lookout now - didn't know about sunscreen! And no, I didn't see any "baby" spray ones. Doesn't that seem backwards, though?! The tots are the ones with the aversion to rubbing lotion in, duh! They should have made baby-kind first!
Post a Comment