Friday, April 6

In and around the ATL

After yesterday's largest traffic snafu in a while, which I got to see from the very center of it (Read: radio station IDIOTS!), I can see how the state legislature might want to consider alternatives to alleviate the rush-hour...um... "headache" seems much too weak of a word. The rush-hour Needles-Under-Fingernails Experience, or the rush-hour Gun-shot-To-The-Knee Experience, seem about right. Nevertheless, I don't think that an actual 4-day-work-week suggested by the Guv-ment is going to help. Mister Perdue? From those of us driving on the roads, here's a leeelte hint: Traffic is snarled from 7am to at least 6pm. That's already ELEVEN hours. So thanks for the thoughtful solution, but your 10-hour work-day? Yeah. That's what we call POOR (GEORGIA) MATH. But on Fridays I-75 would be all-clear!

We're staying in town for Easter, instead of trekking to and from Hubby's parents' in Savannah. We both feel some measure of guilt about this, but larger measures of relief. We will be dying eggs with AJ tonight, making "sacrificial gumbo" if I can get the veggies chopped quickly after work, then doing some much-needed yard work tomorrow (gotta prepare for the Bunny, after all! He probably needs to see his way through the jungle of grass and dandelions to hide all those M&Ms-filled eggs).

(Sacrifical gumbo is family tradition, because it's Good Friday and so we can't eat meat. Must eat shrimp. In Gumbo. DARN.)

We will try to attend our Last Hockey Game ever on Saturday, since we aren't buying a package of tickets next year (so we say!! But if we do well in the playoffs.... it will be hard to resist). I hope we find a babysitter. AJ needs a new Thrashers t-shirt, I think. :)

We're hoping that the freeze warning for tonight doesn't mean that Atlanta's annual Easter GLORY -- azaleas, dogwoods, forsythia -- gets cruelly killed. I doubt there'd be any Sunday resurrection for the flowers, which is a shame 'cause it'd be a REALLY cool metaphor.

No comments: