Monday, April 23

Product placement

I am such a sucker for fun, or sappy, or hilarious commercials. I grinned approvingly at the recent one by Tide, where the couple goes to bed pouty, but by the magic of Lavender and Vanilla sheets, billowing down around them, they cozy up together happily by the end of the 30 seconds. It's got a catchy tune and is memorable. (Can't find it on YouTube or Tide.com) I had seen those Simple Pleasures detergents in the store and thought, "Oh Everyone's got to be aromatherapy now. They can't possibly be as great as they claim to be."

But. I. Was. Wrong.

I am in love with Lavender & Vanilla. I am doing laundry today, even though there is still ample room in the bottom of the hamper to push down our dirty clothes -- which usually means 2..., okay, 3 more days 'til I have to haul that crap downstairs. But I LOURVH smelling delicious without even trying. I sniff my shoulder every few minutes and WOW. Do you want to smell me? Because I rilly smell good today. Last week L&V was on sale and I had a coupon, so I bought 2 bottles. I may use them up by Friday. I've thought about getting out all my tablecloths and washing them, just so I can flap them around the house. I'm even washing Napleon's bath towels today because why should he get anything less?? He's OUR BEST DOG.

In other news, there's an interview happening today (right now) that could change in a very positive way the standard operating procedure of my household. And by that I just mean, one of us might not have to drive a 1-hour commute anymore, hallelujah. So if you can spare a little moment, just juke a prayer up for my husband. I'm holding my cell phone very gingerly, waiting for it to ring. He's been at the same company for 15 years, so this would be a Big change for him, if it came to be.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am all for husbands and better job situations, so I will send a prayer for whatever makes your family happier! And YES - I haven't fallen for the Lavender detergent goodness but have thrown all frugality to the wind and bought Tide with Febreze. I just LOVE the yummy smell. As a kid I could always smell that Tide smell on other kids clothes and I loved it!

nicole said...

Lavendar and Vanilla anything is great. I buy that scent in anything possible. Hope the job situation falls your way.

el-e-e said...

hi, Sam! :) *waving*

Everbody, meet Sam!