Got tagged by darling Krissy a week ago, and haven't been up to the challenge yet. This is a fairly involved to-do list, and sometimes I don't like setting goals. It means you have to, y'know. Do things.
Personal Goals:
* Ah, well. Let's start with the easiest one to name: Get pregnant. Easier said than done, in some cases, although we're just out' the gate, not worried or anything yet. Seems I shouldn't call it a Goal so much as a Hope. Although with all the TTC (trying to conceive) websites and ovulation prediction kits and "chart stalking" and making Fertility your Friend... out there, you'd think it was a task you can master just like baking a souffle. Temperature has to be just right, put it in (the oven)... then Ding! If you've done it right, voila. It all seems a bit much on the scientific end.
* Do I have to say this out loud (again)? Eat better. Exercise more. Same as it ever was. (Same as it evah was!) We've been doing a lot better, I think. I've made fewer cream-soup casseroles in the last month and more grilled or baked things. More veggies. I was psyched to find Linda's tips since she makes it look so damn easy. But yeah, even avec baby, eat better. Perhaps I should throw out the Nestle eggs still rolling around my pantry. Since yesterday I ate four. At a time.
* Spend more quality time with husband and child. I'm thinking Game Night! AJ's almost figured out "Concentration," (Memory for those of you who didn't play it the old fashioned way), and Candy Land seems like a classic 3-year-old birthday gift to me. This will be awesome. Warm summer nights, lemonade for everyone, healthy competition. Maybe even invite the neighbors. (High hopes, Mama, hiiiiiigh hopes.)
* Be a better communicator. Oh, I need to work on this every day. Better communication with my coworkers, clients, family, neighbors, and friends. Especially friends -- I need to pick up the phone once in a while.
*And then there's the spiritual. How have come to this dry-bones spiritual place lately? I've just not been able to CONNECT with myself, with God, with prayer, AT ALL. It's fits and spurts. I got real pms-y ONCE in the last few months, I think, and prayed a Novena fervently. It helped, but after I finished those 9 days? Nothing. I just stopped praying again. Sigh. Perhaps a retreat this year would be helpful. (I don't really DO retreats. On second thought, no.)
Business/Financial
* I'd like to do additional side writing projects. Haven't done them in a long time, or any writing, really, since becoming a project mgr, so it will take some good stretching of my writer muscles. GOOD THING I've been practicing the fine art here on my blog. (..snort)
* I got a little raise recently. The goal is to put it, the entire %, directly into savings. Got to build that account back up after spending it all on the siding! (So we can spend it again on the AC. The deck. Et-freaking house ownership-c.)
* I can just copy my annual review here. I have a little post-it up on Le Cube to remind me: Increase knowledge -- Entrepreneurial outlook -- Think critically -- Leadership growth. (SIGH. I hoist my heavy pack and keep on trudging up this mountain. Ladder. Whatever.)
* I've got to really stop abusing parentheses. See above. And above that.
Don't think I'll tag anyone except for Beans (hello? echo...echo...), but if you're feeling inspired to do your New Year's Resolutions again, be my guest!
3 comments:
Have fun with that first goal! Not that you asked, but I'd say don't bother with the prediction kits, temperature, and charting unless you really need to. Just make an -um- attempt every other day. (If your husband is like mine he'll be on board for that!) We were lucky enough to have that work for us.
Best wishes on that and the other goals.
Hee! Thanks, Julie. My good friend said, 'Oh, just get DRUNK.' :) Wise woman. I just think it's interesting so many people start in immediately with the kits and indicators.
Yeah, on month 4, I got a kit and it made absolutely zero difference to the attempt. That happens to be the month I got pregnant, but it wasn't because of the kit.
This is really an impressive list. Seriously. I could ditto every item, especially the spiritual one.
Post a Comment