Friday, April 27

This IS the news of the day

Or, more appropriately:

The news... for today.

Prefacing with: it's not really MY news to tell. Until about 30 minutes ago, there was still some shuffling going on, making our stomachs flutter and our heads hurt. Can I just say something?

Decisions? Are Hard.

I've always struggled with the grand ones, and it turns out my husband has a time of it, too. He and I aren't well-versed in how these Official Professional Negotiations are supposed to go, either. Offer, counter-offer... can you back out once you've said, "I accept?" Should you? I mean, SOMETHING told your heart to accept in the first place... Aw, geez, it's just all questions. So what can we do but keep praying for peace in his heart and wisdom in his mind. He's a dear, good husband. And I want HIM to be happy. Not just me. Not us, collectively.... Him. It's his career we're talking about.

We are very grateful for the good people in our life, who support us and encourage us. And also (reluctantly) thankful for the others, who sometimes make life and decisions extra hard with their toxicity and selfishness. Because they make us face the toughest questions, and learn what's right and wrong. We learn what we don't want to be. I love you, honey. You're doing the right thing.

(Sorry to be vague, folks, but dooce is a verb.)

* * * * * *

I'm telling you, one of my parenting strategies has completely backfired. COMPLETLEY. Or, maybe not a strategy, but a method. If AJ asks me for something that he cannot have, instead of flat-out refusing him, I've been saying, "Wellll, how about we eat that chocolate tomorrow after lunch, instead, okay? Okay." Or something along those lines.

AJ uses it against me now.

"AJ, it's time to brush your teeth."

"Wellll, Mama, maybe tomorrow we will do that."

"AJ, do NOT pour your juice onto the couch."

"Wellll, but I haffff to."

"AJ, we can't go play with Kelsey [neighbor] right now."

"Wellll... I think maybe we CAN. Otay? Otay."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your support honey, I couldn't ask for a better partner in life ----- DH

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm teary now. You guys!