(Wonder if last week's Time Out discussion has given AJ this impression of me?? Heh.)
That plus a few loads of laundry, a few restaurant meals, and one movie night I actually stayed awake for, and we arrived at Tuesday. Holiday over. It was nice overall. Dear Husband suggested that I take it easy, since, in fact, I might be more tired this pregnancy than the last (y'think), so I tried my best to take him up on that. :) Oh, and we did go out for ice cream Sunday afternoon (swooooon).
We intended to get a closet cleaned out and that didn't happen. However, most of our 900 CDs have been installed in CD binders and their jewel cases disposed of. Even my Broadway musicals DH had never heard of, like Godspell (wha-a? never heard of?) and Sunday in the Park with George. We've been meaning to do this for ages. That's three CD bookshelves that will no longer take up space in the guest room/AJ's room.
That's what we parents DO for 'play' I guess -- reorganize. Or, let me rephrase, that's what my husband does. In the span of a week, he's single-handedly reorg'ed the master bath vanity, the CDs, and one of my kitchen cabinets, and I'm super-grateful for all of it. I would bumble around in completely organized Chaos (read: everything stuffed away, but godhelpya if you open a drawer!) if it were just up to me.
Man, is this the most boring thing you've ever read or what?!
Let me add a small funny that only my Mom and Sis will get: On Saturday, AJ called to me from across the room, "Mama? You're my poopy dommy mommy." (Hint: Awwwwww.)
Oh also! I went to try on the bridesmaid dress for DH's brother's upcoming wedding. Want to see how ridiculous it was? Here is the top:

and here is the skirt:

HAHAHAHA! I will be Eight. Months. Pregnant. She knew this when she picked it out (for her New Year's Eve wedding, Eyeroll.) I'm no bridesmaidzilla, but can assure you I will not be wearing a cropped strapless top. Or a poofy Gone with the Wind prom skirt. HA!
(Thankfully the bride and I worked it out.)
2 comments:
I say you should cut off the top even further and then wear the skirt under your 8-month belly and go all "Demi Moore" style.
Gotta love those bridesmaids dresses...I hear there is a big market for them on ebay though, so no worries :)
And I LOVE organizing now that Im semi-grown up...seriously nothing makes me happier than a trip to the plastic container aisle of target. Fun fun!
Post a Comment