(geddit? Booo?)
I am weary already of this long anticipation. No, not Christmas, although I'm shocked that Target already has an aisle with stockings and wrapping paper designated. (Daily Target mention!) I just mean Halloweeeeen, dudes. I don't remember there being a two-month period of "Is it Halloween yet?" when we were growing up. Maybe we thought about our costumes for a couple of weeks beforehand, but man! I have been having to put AJ off every day, telling him we're not going trick-or-treating TODAY, but "in a few weeks." There are Halloween episodes of Dora and Yo Gabba Gabba to get his little juices juiced, there are of course the displays at the stores... it's just crazy.
(Have you SEEN Yo Gabba Gabba?? Now there is a mind-bender. We have some serious SONGS stuck in our heads from that wacky show, let me tell you. There's one called "Don't! Bite! Your Friends!" Haahahahahahaha. I just love the host -- DJ LanceRock. He. Is. Awesome. and Orange.)
We have a busy half-month ahead. This weekend, you'll never guess: A pumpkin-carving party. Next weekend we're going with some friends up to Helen, GA (yay! road trip to the mountains! Something I LUST AFTER every fall) for hayrides, Oktoberfest, etc., and then the following week is H-ween and 2 days later, our quick-as-a-wink trip to Disneyworld. It's dizzying. Exciting, but dizzying.
Hubby said this weekend he'd help me work on AJ's big-boy room, which I am desperate to get going. It feels like it may never get done... because Thanksgiving looms. I don't know whether we'll be traveling for Thanksgiving this year, although we've been asked to go to Savannah. Sigh. I swear to goodness, next year, with TWO KIDS, there will be NO holiday traveling. NONE. I said that before AJ was born, too, hmph. But this time, seriously, Not.Gon.DoIt.
Abrupt subject change: Let's talk baby names! You (some of you -- maybe one of you) asked for updates, when we had some. And since I'm a giver, here you are: We are less inclined toward Jenna and Julianna this month, and more inclined toward something that I feel is getting dangerously close to being THE NAME. Eee! With a middle name and everything. We're even referring to her has Baby ____ when we point to my ever-expanding tum... and that said, I kinda... don't want to share it. I know, what a tease. How about this? I'll tell you some of the middle names I really like right now: Michele, Elise, and Elliot. <-- I know, Elliot! It's weird, it's crazy, it's trendy... my mother is turning it over on her tongue right now with her eyebrows significantly raised... but it's made its way into my mind somehow. And it would GO with the first name quite well, I think.
So you're just going to have to imagine all that for yourselves. Happy Friday! Happy Halloweeeeeeeen! (just 2 more weeks away!)
4 comments:
Yay! I was starting to feel silly for not having shared M's name, so I'm kinda glad you're wanting to keep it secret for now! Happy Halloween!! No, wait ...
We love Yo Gabba Gabba too, especially "There's a party in my tummy."
I like Elliot as a middle name. Just don't let her first name be T.S. ;)
Ooh, you're so mysterious!
We're heading up to Ellijay and the Helen area this weekend. It's apple festival mania up there I think, so I'm sure that I'll be smushed among the apples and made into butter. I'll post about it on Monday so that you can get the full effect of what to expect. That is, if I'm not tucked away in a jar somewhere.
Have a great weekend!
Ohhhh, that's so exciting! I know just what you mean about a name seeming like it's becoming The Name.
Post a Comment