Thursday, October 25

Six Items of Pregnancy Business

-- My hair is a cross between this chick, and Mrs. Brady. I don't know why I always let it grow out so much in between haircuts. I'm normally a person with thick hair that grows fast -- put me on extra hormones and my head feels like an 8-pound package of alfalfa sprouts or something. I've been avoiding my eyebrows and was mortified when the Book club started sharing funny stories about waxing last night. (Do I need to? OMG, are they hinting?) I must remedy these things Today.

-- This morning I wanted to eat eggs, and I swear I couldn't shake enough black pepper on them to satisfy me. Every bite, I peppered a little more.

-- I get the weirdest sharp-pain ligament-stretching sensations. Not all the time, just once in a blue moon one will catch me off-guard and make me say, out loud, "Oh!" Embarrassing when it happens within the cube farm.

-- Had my first middle-of-the-night, I might as well get up and go downstairs moment of insomnia. I ate 3 big pieces of French bread (starved), got under the blanket on the couch, and watched M*A*S*H for about 45 minutes.

-- Also have had my first supposed "man" dreams, which I never had with AJ. You know, where you dream about some hot man other than your husband? Lots of people I know talk about this but again, I never had one when pregnant with AJ. I would like to request a do-over, though: One dream was about a NON-hot guy I knew in college, the other was about Scott Baio. Seriously. He worked in this yellow deli next door to an apartment building where I apparently lived. I got all flirty. Scott Baio??

-- Last night before bed, this little girl went on a kicking spree. It was the Olympics of kicking. She must have been on her back, propping her neck up, wearing a sweatband and doing bicycles. I am constantly lifting up my shirt so I can WATCH the movements from the outside. (When we're alone, I mean, not in public!)

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Hi, I jumped over from Laurens blog. You just made me grateful I am not pregnant right now - J/K. Oh babies. Gotta love it.

Madame Queen said...

I had a hot man dream about David Beckham last night and I'm not even pregnant. The weird thing is that I think DB is cute, but he's not on my "list." Weird.

Lauren said...

I sympathise with every single one...(except maybe the scott baio one...tho my "man dream" was about Owen wilson. So who am I to pass judgement??)

My hair is a dreadful mess too, and Im just DYING for it all to fall out again. For some reason mine seems to grow OUT instead of down. Yikes!

Anonymous said...

1) During my last pregnancy, I found a hair growing OUT OF MY CHIN. It was like AN INCH LONG before I noticed it!! ...I'm not sure I needed to share about that.

2) Ooo, I remember those ligament pains! They're so weird. In cubeville, you could go, "Stubbed my toe!"

3) The man dreams. Nice. I dreamed once about STEVE BURNS. Of BLUE'S CLUES. That's kind of...wrong. I also got Logan from Gilmore Girls and Dr. Perry Cox from Scrubs.

4) Funny mental picture of you lifting shirt to look at tummy in supermarket.