Wednesday, October 24

A rapper I can get behind

First it was Shreveport, then my own Atlanta tried to pass fashion police laws about this annoying little trend in young males. (And females, heck... remind me to tell you about the teenage g-string we saw last weekend at the local ice cream shop! Or don't, eww.)

Today -- and I heard this on NPR -- it's south Dallas, where the deputy mayor wants to do something about the kids' britches. But he's going about it the right way: He has help from someone they may listen to.


I truly don't listen to hip-hop, but I think the song is brilliant. It makes me laugh -- sounds like he's talking to a bunch of 4-year-olds. It doesn't seem quite right to pass a LAW about how people dress (there are already indecent exposure laws, why waste time and taxpayer money? Besides that, I think there may be more important crimes to be prosecuted. Maybe.) But taking it to the streets? Excellent idea.

Seriously, the words of the song. SO Funny. You can listen to the whole thing by clicking in the sidebar here.

*loud applause*

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Ha!!!! That is hilarious!! I especially love the fact that the news reporter used the word "skivvies"...not one you hear a lot-lol. Also I love your title...

Except now Im afraid Im going to be singing "pullyourpantsup!" all day long....kinda stuck in my head.