Our weekend, it seemed, was mostly a shitstorm of toddler attitude, followed by yesterday and these precious moments:
> We told AJ about the school's outdoor movie night this Friday, where we'll bring a picnic dinner and watch Happy Feet on a big inflatable screen on the playground field. He literally jumped for joy, saying things like "I'm so es-cited! It will be sooo fun!" He also came up to me, put his hands on my cheeks, and looked me in the eye to say, "Oh, thank-you guys! It so NICE of you to come to my school for a movie night."
> All the Friday movie talk put him in the Best. Mood. Ever. for dinner, and he talked and ate and was generally a pleasant person at the table, something we haven't seen since, oh, I dunno, he was 6 months old strapped in a highchair? Maybe I exaggerate. Anyway, he got to talking about his next birthday, and his NEXT, and THEN HIS NEXT BIRTHDAY!!... and got all the way to when he'd be TEN! And REALLY REALLY TALL! AND HE WILL TOUCH THE SKY BECAUSE HE WILL BE SO TALL! AND TEN! It was blowing his little mind, how gigantic he will be! Touching! The! Sky!
> "Who brought this Cherry Pie to our house??" he asked, when given the option for dessert. Mama did! I got it at the store. "You DID??? Wow, I LUHHHV PIE!" He tasted it and the perfect sourness of those big fat cherries made his eyes twitch just a little, before he laughed, kind-of startled at how good it tasted. Yum, PIE! And then ten seconds and half a bite later, decided he "doedn't really like this." And hopped down from the table.
I swear, Mother Goose was right about the little girl with the curl, and should have included a verse about a boy, too!
But I definitely want to remember and revel in the extraordinarily good times.
7 comments:
Have you seen Happy Feet? Just curious. My kids got it for a birthday gift and we had not seen it. Husband turned it on the other night to watch with them and ended up turning it off. He said he just did not feel comfortable with it. But, we are pretty restrictive with some things, so take it with a grain of salt. And if you have seen it, ignore me altogether! So glad the good things with A.J. are there to balance the challenges.
This is SO adorable! Getting so excited about movie night at school, and anticipating growing up, and loving cherry pie (or maybe not so much). How cute his expressions are! I'm glad you are reveling in it.
Everybody at my house always thinks that they are excited about pie, and then have the same reaction as AJ. Unless it is chocolate or pecan.
So jealous about Friday - sounds SO fun. I hope you have a great time and solidify some of those blooming friendships back from the jumping birthday party!
What a cutie!
Don't you love it when they get so excited about plans you've made?! I have to careful how far ahead I tell them about it about it though or else they drive me NUTS asking me when, when, when!
Thats so funny; my kiddies get that same manic excitement going when they are anticipating something fun, and I love it! Hope y'all enjoy movie night-
They do this, I think, because we can't toss 'em out that way. :0) I know. LB does it all the time. And we have a movie night at her school this month, too. YEY!
Post a Comment