God in heaven, what is the meaning of the violent storms?? MUST WE? AGAIN? And of course, what's going to happen is the political bull---t; how, just because Texas is MOBILIZING and getting the HELL out of DODGE, everyone's going to say, "ohssshure, that's GEORGE BUSH's home state, no WONDER the federal government's taking care of the TEXANS..." and that is a bunch of CRAP. One of my co-workers already tried to start something like that this morning and I am telling you, I do not want to HEAR IT. I just about put my headphones on WHILE HE WAS TALKING. If the Texans are getting evacuated it is because no one, not one state, could possibly have missed the news in the last 4 weeks, and perhaps now we've all seen what can happen and We Are Not Stupid! If FEMA is sending water and supplies it is because, well duh! I mean, it's because they have to! They've already been roasted and raked, they can't afford to screw it up again, so they won't. I'm just sick and tired of all the politicizing, and don't tell me my head's in the sand. If the Prez HAD gone on TV the day of the last Incredibly Devastating Hurricane, what would that have accomplished? The people who needed his Capital-R Reassurance? ...They Didn't Have Power, Y'all. The people who began criticizing were, what? Sitting at their TVs waiting to see him on there? (Read: Also not helping.)
Anyway, forgive my rant -- I am SO against party politics it isn't even worth engaging me, because I'm not going to answer -- but can't we just for once, STAND TOGETHER and cluck our tongues at the severity of NATURE? Without having to wonder who caused it? And wouldn't it be nice if somehow, storms could magically Dissolve just the same way they appear (only backwards)?
No comments:
Post a Comment