I'm leaning toward not singing in "Herod." As flattered as I am by the invitation, and as much as I think it'd be a fun endeavor, I am haunted by this: "They're only young once." I don't think it's unreasonable for me to crave as much time as possible with my little one. IF I were a full-time SAHM, the story would be entirely different. But three nights out of seven is too many to be away, and, I think, a big request to make of my spouse, and those nights don't even include Book Clubs and Date Nights. I just felt egocentric & bratty, wanting to chase my precious vocalist/soloist dream, and while I *definitely* want to teach AJ to pursue his interests and use his talents, I also want him to know -- to believe, deep in his bones -- that family matters most in this world.
Besides that, I have gotten just about NO work done today. It would behoove me to to be home tonight, WRITING. And not in my blog. :)
I really appreciate all your advices.
2 comments:
I jumped on your blog in order to tell you that I thought of you when I was driving home at 11:15 last night, trying not to cry because I was so tired. Play practice went really well and I had fun, but I just wanted to be at home with my family!
Oh, I'm sorry you were so tired. Hope you got some good rest and a big ol' hug when you got home. :)
Post a Comment