I really like having people over, actually. I get that from my Dad, who'd have guests every night if he could. My Mom is not as keen on that idea, but she does an amazing job of being hostess when he plans a party of 15 without telling her first (asking?)! My DH gets a wee bit more stressed about entertaining -- he wants the house to be perfect and spotless before even considering letting the world in to see. Me? I mean, yeah, it'd be nice, but.... bah. If my dust bunnies scare you, don't look in the corners. Come be with us and laugh with us and eat our food.
Here are some yummy things I have made for guests:
Jerk Chicken on the grill. (Grilling is always a winner because it gets the husband involved and he shines at it). Side items: yellow rice, maybe "party broccoli," chips and dips.
BBQ Brisket. One of Mom and Dad's standards. With pinto beans and coleslaw on the side.
Gumbo. What could be easier? Throw it all in the pot. Cook up some rice. Done.
Chili. Especially good for Monday night football get-togethers.
Taco Salad. One of my favorites and easy as pie. -- Oooh, pie! That, too.
Lasanga, Ceasar, and Garlic Bread. Who doesn't cook this? I am not above Stouffer's, either. :)
You know, none of these things is gourmet. It'd be nice to get all trendy and do something with feta, but... well, maybe I have extraordinarily forgiving friends, because when I don't go nuts over the menu, I can relax and enjoy the company. So, this is one of my goals for the next few months (before the holiday craziness begins). To feast and fete and fellowship (v.) with friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment