Friday, September 9

Mini-break

We're off to visit the paternal grandparents this weekend, so they can smooch on AJ at will (and we can go out on a real live date). They haven't seen him in a while and I feel an eensy bit bad that my parents, semi-retired, get to see him whenever they want. Of course, it's just like when I was a kid -- my Mom's parents lived far away and my Dad's were in town. Luckily, you don't grow up loving one set any more or less than the other -- it all works out just fine. :) I'm blessed to have very nice people for in-laws. They're not quite like me, but easy enough to get along with. AND, they're providing some very superfluous new toys for AJ! Just what he needs! Let's hope that at least one of them has Elmo on it. (Mo-mo, our new best friend!)

We'll be sans Internet for the weekend and sans clean laundry when we return, so I bid you a temporary farewell -- I gotta get busy packing, and/or cleaning the dog cr*p out of the bottom of my shoe, thanks to this morning's "recess," during which I did not pay attention to where I was stepping, because I was busy talking to three different neighbors who popped outside to say hi. Eww. (The dog mess, not the neighbors. The neighbors are quite nice).

Get out the Twizzlers, we're goin' on a road trip. :)

No comments: