Appetizer
Name something someone has done lately that impressed you.
My friend showed me something yesterday that she figured out all by herself. It was a workaround solution to a problem I had, and she saved me about 40 bucks and a lot of downloading time. Nice! She is entirely too smart and I sometimes wish I could figure stuff out like she does. It is impressive.
Soup
Do you have any relaxing rituals? If so, what are they?
I do love to take a nice bath. There's not much ceremony to it, I just soak and sigh!
Salad
If you could spend the winter season somewhere other than your current location, where would you choose to stay?
Oooh, the winter season! Well, my husband has a fascination with Colorado, and I did, once, go skiing there and stayed in a nice cabin in the mountains. I think it'd be fun to hole up like that for the winter. We might actually see some snow, and have a fire every night, and have to wear boots. The novelty would be just about right for a 3-month stay (although I know winter lasts longer out/up there!) Winter for us isn't much of a season -- just cold and sometimes rainy. There's absolutely no magic to it. We sometimes get snow but it's never until the end of March, when we're ready for it to be spring already. I'd like to experience the tall, silent pine trees, blanketed with snow and dripping icicles. Once.
Main Course
When was the last time you had dinner out, and what was the name of the restaurant?
My last dinner out... let's see... that would have to have been
Dessert
If you had a boat, what would you name it?
(Great reference: Lyle Lovett's "If I Had a Boat." One of my very favorite songs ever.) I've seen so many great boat names in the marinas in Florida. Like, The "Her Diamond." The "Jack N A Splash" (ha!). The "Nograstomo" (get it?). People are so clever. However, being that I'm not much for sea legs, I'd probably have to name mine the "Lady Dram-a-Mine." Or else, the "Ku-ku Ka-choo" (from Finding Nemo, duuude)!
And now, let's get our grateful on:
- For my little man, who woke up so sweetly this morning and makes every day worth waking up for...
- For my grown-up man, who's making difficult decisions at work this week, but keeping his loyalites to our family and our quality of life....and still remembering to take good care of me with kindness...
- For getting things checked off the to-do list at work...
- For good music, and even the songs that get stuck in my head, because they make me think of loved ones, lately...
- For a life that's full and satisfying, if a bit overcrowded sometimes... this is the way it's supposed to be, isn't it? Family, work, dinner, singing, driving, rushing, cleaning, sighing, playing, reading, tickling, answering, striving, wishing, trying... living.
- Updated 10:25 am to add: Grateful for that We had pasta with fresh basil last night. Fresh basil that is planted in my (container) garden, which is something I've longed for, for many moons. So fresh! So sweet! So delicious with lemon and parmesan. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment