Monday, April 16

Hamburger Helper

On Saturday I took AJ to the grocery store with me, as I wasn't sure what to make for dinner. DH was going to be at the hockey game (Thrashers in the playoffs!) which started at 3:00 pm, so it was uncertain if he'd make it home for dinner. I wanted to have something prepared in case, that wasn't fish sticks or nuggets, but also didn't require me to use my brain too much.

(Thinks to self: "Don't I have ground beef in the freezer already? Yeah, I think I do...") Ding, ding! Hamburger Helper? Perfect!

So cliche!! So "MOM." So 1980s! Ack. Seriously? I'm almost appalled. But AJ ate it right up, so I can't call it any less than a success. Hey, there are leftovers if you're hungry.

7 comments:

Swistle said...

You were like a Hamburger Helper commercial there! "I need something that will please child, and husband too! What can I make, oh what can I make? Hey, do I have hamburger? Then I have a meal!

I like the lasagna kind. Doesn't really taste like lasagna, but tastes good.

Shauna Loves Chocolate said...

Hamburger helper is a lifesaver sometimes! I always have at least one box on hand (of the lasagna one - I agree with swistle, it doesn't taste like lasagna, but who cares?) for those nights...

Mrs. Flinger said...

Well, tonight I went scrounging for ManWhich so I could add the ground turkey and call it a meal.

Hamburger helper is a step up if you think about it. :-)

Gina Wieboldt said...

Hey, whatever works, right?

Gina said...

I loved Hamburger Helper as a kid! I just might give that a try. If AJ liked it, hopefully Liam will too!

Anonymous said...

Never tried Hamburger Helper. I should.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

Melessa Gregg said...

We're partial to chicken helper here.