Thursday, April 19

Nothing like waiting 'til the last minute

Got my thinker on last night, didn't I? Didn't I?? Weren't you impressed? That is what happens when I blog past 9pm.

But today, TODAY I have a real question and it's important. (Although I do still want to hear what you're reading.) We have a wedding to attend Saturday night. 6 pm. It's not black-tie. I need a dress. It's spring, so... color? But it's nighttime, so... black? Style? Is the spaghetti straps w/thin cardigan too cazzhh for an evening wedding? I think maybe it is. But, fashion challenged here. I'd love to find a pretty, light suit, because I need one anyway, but... appropriate? Prob'ly not. Dress, yes?

I have to go to Talbot's & Belk (because they're closest) at lunch -- LUNCH! 3 hrs from now! -- and cross my fingers that they'll have the right thing (on sale).

Any suggestions?

Edited: FOUND a dress! Maryb wins -- Ann Taylor LOFT had the best selection and price. Thanks for the tipoff!! I think I'll be appropriately dressy, with the right jewels. :) Whee! So fun to shop like a real actual GIRL and not just a Mom (at Target/Marshall's). Wish you all could have come with me. We could've gotten LATTES.

5 comments:

MaryB said...

Ann Taylor has beautiful, lovely classy dresses in store right now. Was just there. How do you feel about strapless?

If you need/want give me a ring, just did a big round of dress shopping! Id be happy to share my intel.

el-e-e said...

I think there's a Loft close to where I was going. Will have to look there. Thx!

nicole said...

Good luck. No advice to offer really, but do consider the venue. That might help you decide. If the reception is a fellowship hall it might be more casual than you expect. If, however, it is a hotel ballroom or country club, you might want to dress up a bit. But, honestly, most weddings I have been to lately seem to have a broad range of dress. So, choose something you love and feel good in and wear it with confidence and you will fit right in. :)

Anonymous said...

I agree on the range of dress -- it just about doesn't matter what you pick -- as long as it's snazzy. I can't seem to resist black.

I need a good book! I'm picking up a few this weekend that I ordered through that church book club. They will probably be mostly light. I've read nothing except baby books lately -- since How to be Lost was making me suicidal -- and I think I've read all I need to read of the baby books, until I get some experience under my belt.

Gina said...

Glad you found a dress! Yes, shopping like a real girl is so nice... haven't gotten to do that since before I was pregnant! I need a good excuse to find the perfect outfit!