There are people I know who refuse to do memes. There are people who get tagged and forget to do them, leaving bunches of "you've been taggeds" cluttering their to-do lists. Then there's me, casually reading my favorite bloggers la dee da, noticing a meme here and there, and each time, scrolling every-so-carefully down to the end, hoping I've been tagged. Hee! Guilty pleasure.
It was with great joy that I discovered Swistle's kind pass-on. The Three Things Meme. (Haven't I done this one before?)
Three Things That Scare Me:
1. possibly not making it to Heaven
2. solo vocal auditions
3. big car wrecks
Three People Who Make Me Laugh:
1. Heather B. Armstrong
2. Brian Regan
3. My husband, even when he's being so stupidly stupid in order to GET me to laugh when I don't FEEL like it (hmph). He does, every time. No matter how much I pout and try to ignore him.
Three Things I Love:
1. new (inexpensive) purses
2. 73 degrees outdoor temp
3. warm coffee + solitude + a good book or the newspaper on a rainy Saturday morning (specifics!)
Three Things I Hate:
1. Laundry screw-ups (like drying a shirt all the way when it isn't supposed to)
2. moldy leftovers
3. Cadbury creme eggs! (Tried 'em again this Easter, and still a no-go)
Three Things I Don’t Understand:
1. How people can afford the $800,000 homes in my area. Or anywhere. What the hell do these people DO for a living?
2. (YET) the exact connection in the plot of History of Love between Leo and Zvi (Swistle, you were reading this, yes?) -- such an intriguing book!
3. AJ's need to dump things (baskets of cars, buckets of animals, entire toy boxes)
Three Things On My Desk:
1. digital camera
2. Target list (Tide, dog food, razor blades, Kleenex, so exciting)
3. spiral notebook 'cause I'm old-school that way
Three Things I’m Doing Right Now:
1. recovering from a bit of a crying jag this morning (AJ's pitiful not-wanting-to-go to daycare; my pitiful wishing we could both just stay home today; my regretting not doing just that because WHY NOT)
2. feeling my feet go to sleep as I sit with them crossed under me
3. dreading a conference call this afternoon even though it probably won't be any big deal
Three Things I Want To Do Before I Die:
1. have another child
2. have a really good friend who lives close, who can (and does) drop in any time
3. retire with enough money to enjoy it
Three Things I Can Do:
1. conduct conference call "webinars"
2. resize a photo in Photoshop, or brighten it (but not much else)
3. make gumbo
Three Things I Can’t Do:
1. make a gumbo that isn't watery (I thought I'd achieved it yesterday, but no)
2. drive a stick shift
3. remember to take the coupons I've clipped INTO the store with me
Three Things I Think You Should Listen To:
1. U2
2. your heart! (big talker)
3. (I don't know, this question and the next one are puzzling to me)
Three Things You Should Never Listen To:
1.
2.
3.
Three Things I’d Like To Learn:
1. how to maximize my savings/earnings
2. to accept and bless my circumstances more often
3. how to be a better friend
Three Favorite Foods:
1. pizza every day of the week
2. apples + cheddar + crackers (best lunch)
3. steak fajitas with guacamole
Three Shows I Watched As A Kid:
1. Sesame Street
2. Mr. Rogers
3. The Smurfs
Three Things I Regret:
1. the aforementioned not-taking-today-off
2. ever saying "dammit" in front of AJ
3. buying so many "hand-wash only" items of clothing
Three People I'm Tagging (no pressure, just if it seems like fun to do):
1. gina - mom of liam
2. 4andcounting
3. Marybeth
4 comments:
I'm glad! I'm always worried I'll tag someone who hates memes. I thought you were a good bet, though, with your "memes are awesome" category.
Cadbury creme eggs do seem to be one of the great societal dividers: people don't feel neutral about them, they either Really Like Them or else they Really Don't. They have a new orange-flavored kind out this year.
You'll have to let me know if _History of Love_ is worth finishing. I kind of petered out on it because I felt like I was supposed to understand the connection between Leo and Zvi--but now I'm encouraged to find that someone else didn't get it (yet), either. I also kept not realizing when it was Alma talking, and so I'd get all confused.
The "listening" questions were difficult for me, too. Do they mean LITERALLY listen, or do they mean pay attention to, or...what?
I did it! Thanks for tagging me--I like it when that happens!
Thanks for the tag. Id love to do it. Probably not til tomorrow, though :( (just home for a few minutes between "procedures")
Maryb, I know... this will be something nice and quiet you can do while laying in bed eating copious amounts of chocolate. :)
Post a Comment