I had the BEST, YUMMIEST lunch today and it is still making me happy an hour later. I ate, at Jason's Deli, a big bowl of the Chicken & Sausage Gumbo, and served myself from their "famous" salad bar. Field greens, yellow bell peppers, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, green olives, cheddar, and croutons, with a drizzle of balsamic vinagrette and another drizzle (superfluous!) of Bleu Cheese. And two pickled okra spears on the side! And a respectable little serving of potato salad!
I licked the platters clean. I don't quite understand why this experience has me in such a good mood. We've taken to joking, "My baby is happy" when we've had a good meal lately -- AJ, of course, says this of the baby in HIS tummy, too. Well, y'all, MY BABY IS HAPPY.
4 comments:
Yay for you! And the baby of course. We all love Jason's Deli. We are especially fond of the chicken noodle which you can only get on sundays and mondays here. The seafood gumbo is pretty tasty also (had some on saturday). the kids are always happy to eat the free ice cream. Hey, you didn't mention any ice cream...aren't pregger girls supposed to eat ice cream?
wish we could have a girl's lunch!!!
Sounds yummy. I had McDonald's, which I'm sure to regret later. I have really been wanting a sub sandwich from a delicious local place, but my doc scared me off the deli meats until after this baby is out. It is all over concern about listeria. I can eat the meat if I heat it to steaming first, but that is not how I like it. So, I have already placed my order with Husband for a #12 when I'm in the hospital recovering. I like planning ahead. :)
Hope your dinner is as good as your lunch.
I think it is only that one single person who declared that lunch is boring. I think the rest of us think it's great.
I love Jason's Deli, too. But I love their California Club. It does have deli meat on it and like Nicole I was warned away from those too, but somehow I just couldn't stay away. I just tried not to eat them too often. But this sandwich is perfect -- turkey, provolone, bacon and avocado. YUM!!
Post a Comment