I was out for the count this weekend. You know, Friday, how I felt all tired and helpless at the office? Well, Friday night I got home and performed the heroic feat of ordering a pizza for our dinner, then promptly put on my comfy pants after AJ went to bed, and curled up under the blanket as if it were 32 degrees in the house. (It wasn't.) My chest was heavy with that deep, rumbling cough, and although a bit of Tylenol helped me sleep, I woke up next morning feeling Crud-dy.
THANKS BE to my husband, who took AJ out for a doughnuts excursion so I could go back to bed 'til about 9:30. (AJ had asked me to take him outside at 7:30am, and as I sat on the floor velcro-ing shoes, I just nearly broke down with the thought of accommodating his innocent request. Hubby thought maybe it was time to relieve me. Heh. Yes.)
It's pretty hard to explain to a three-year-old that Mama doesn't feel well, by the way. They don't quite get it that MOVEMENT is uncomfortable.
Today I feel like I'm on the mend, but the coughing still lingers and sometimes makes my abdomen hurt, which is unpleasant. I'm sure Baby's fine and won't go to the doc unless this hangs on a few more days; I'm not miserable, and no other symptoms... just blah.
If you're looking for something nice and inspiring to read, look no further: Et-tu's Group Writing Project had loads of entries of things we think our parents did right. (And looky, I won the random prize drawing! Lucky me!) The exercise made me start my own list of Things I Really Want to be Part of Our Parenting Experience. Maybe I will work on it and post it later.
If you're looking for something absolutely TRAGIC to read, go here. This poor woman and her husband are dealing with something CRAZY involving their 12-week-old baby boy. Start at the end of September's archives to catch up. Wow. Pray for them.
2 comments:
Hope you are feeling better soon
Being sick while pregnant is extra-miserable. I hope you spent most of your weekend in bed. And I say you go home and do as little as possible tonight too. Feel better soon!
Post a Comment