Tuesday, February 8

blues and blahs... and totally oblivious

Seems a lot of my friends are experiencing major stress and/or winter blues lately. Real-time friends and online ones. For example, my sister: wedding to plan, possible move to brand-new-state, two weekend trips in a row, major work deadlines. My DH: big, big, super-big work deal might come through, meaning 6-days-a-week and major responsibilities for him (and hopefully, pay increases, but that's another story for another day); and he's just been kinda down lately. My college acquaintance whose blog I read: opening night of a show, wedding to plan, roommate issues, shoe issues, and a serious case of winter depression. My other blog-buddy: busiest time of year at work, grad school, boyfriend to spend time with, pet woes, dinners to host, ET cetera! Not to mention all the people I know who are going through health-related stress right now, in major ways. I'm talking cancer, brain injuries, the big stuff.

I don't mean to be glib about it all, but I'm wondering, frankly.... what the hell is going on? Is the world about to end and I'm oblivious to it? Am I the only person who's not stressed? For some reason last night I was super-mom. I came home, Munchkin took a 45 minute nap and in that time I changed the guest room sheets, cleaned up my room, and put a load of laundry in, and put dinner out to thaw. Then, when DH came home, and while he was cooking (thank God he cooked), I vacuumed and dusted the entire upstairs. So why is it that, while everyone else I know is drowning for lack of energy, I'm swimming Olympic-sized laps and not even breathing hard? (Booo for that atrocious metaphor! Sorry.)

At any rate, I feel sorta guilty. Gulp. I'm sorry, friends, if I stole your mojo! I'd give it all back, if only I knew how!

My five things: 1-no stress on me 2-my black pants are now too big to wear 3-spaghetti for dinner, yum 4-getting car back tonight? 5-upstairs is clean

1 comment:

el-e-e said...

You are too sweet. I don't know that I'm unflappable. I flap, believe me. I think my tendency is to bottle everything up so it seems like I'm calm. Glad to hear that you had a bit of school-relief last night.

Thanks for the nice compliment.